All players must be fully vaccinated (sorry, no exceptions at this time).
Please do NOT come to play if you answer yes to any of the following questions
1. Have you experienced any of the following in the last 48 hours:
· Congestion or runny nose (not due to known allergies)
· Sore Throat
· Fever or chills
· Muscle or body aches (not due to recent physical activity)
· New loss of taste or smell
· Nausea or vomiting
2. Have you been diagnosed with, or received a positive COVID test, in the past 14 days?
3. Have you been in close contact with anyone who has been experiencing COVID symptoms, or been diagnosed with COVID in the past 14 days?
What to do if you answer yes to any of the above questions:
Pick-up play is at the Mission Valley YMCA on Wednesday and Friday, 1:00-2.30. All fully vaccinated players are welcome.
All players need to do 3 things:
1. Sign the SWBA waiver (below). This says you understand the risks of playing basketball, and will not sue SWBA if anything happens to you, unless it is because the SWBA was negligent. The form is attached. Please send your signed form to email@example.com by email, or print and sign it and bring it to the Y with you. (We will have a few copies there for anyone who is unable to print it at home).
The same form is your SWBA membership renewal. Most of us paid membership dues for 2020, and because we were unable to play, membership has been rolled over to 2021. We will collect dues for 2022 at the end of the year. If you were not a member before, we invite you to be a member this year. We are not charging new members a fee for 2021.
2. Sign the YMCA waiver on line (if you play pick-up on Wednesday and/or Friday 1:00-2:30, or are on a league team)To log in, you will need the ID number that the Y has assigned to each of us. I will send their ID number to all those on a Sunday roster later today or tomorrow. (The Y is looking them up for us)
· Visit www.ymcasd.org/waiver
· Enter your Member ID # (which I will send soon)
· Enter your Last Name and hit ‘GO’
3. Check in with the YMCA desk to get an ID and have your photo taken.There is a new policy - we need to show a YMCA ID each time we enter the Y. They will issue us with a temporary YMCA membership card to use. Take a photo ID to the desk, please, and allow an extra few minutes.
League teams pay $280 per team each season to the YMCA.
On Wednesdays and Fridays, pick-up players are asked to contribute $1 to the SWBA.